Air conditioning in our part of the world isn’t a luxury, it’s a necessity, and as such it’s imperative to have a reliable residential cooling company to call when you have issues with your Jacksonville, FL, air conditioner. Whether you are new to the area and need to find reliable help, or are ready to switch to a new company, there are some basic things to look for during your research:
- A physical address and office – a real company doesn’t just operate by phone or email alone. Even if the company is a single person, he/she should have an office at a locatable physical address.
- The right licensing and certifications – licensing and certifications mean that the technician(s) of the company have gone through training and when needed, apprenticeship, to do the work he/she performs. Licensing and certification also means that the technicians are registered with the county and state, and are identifiable.
- The company is insured – using unlicensed people to do any kind of work on your property means that you are liable for all damages and injuries to them or your system.
- The technicians are professionally attired – whenever a service person comes to your door, he/she should have a clean appearance, a uniform that identifies him/her by name, and arrive in a company vehicle.
- The company offers a guarantee on work or a refund policy – any reputable company is willing to stand by their work, and this is demonstrated by offering customers a guarantee of service or a standard refund policy.
- The company has emergency service – air conditioners don’t break at convenient times, so you need to know that you have a reliable company to call whether it’s 1 pm or 1 am.
- The company carries name-brand products – when a company carries a name-brand product, that product line offering serves as an endorsement. Why? Manufacturers don’t allow just anyone to carry their merchandise.
As we head into cooling season, make sure you’ve got a reliable company to call on for residential cooling services for your Jacksonville, FL, home.