Serving Jacksonville, FL & Surrounding AreaStay Cooler With BuehlerCALL 904-906-4204
January 14, 2021
We’re Celebrating Energy Savings This Month!
Here Are 8 Simple Ways You Can Cut Your Costs
January brings us many things—a clean slate, the start of a new year, fresh resolutions and, too often, higher credit card bills. Ugh! Unfortunately, now that the holidays are over, the bills start rolling in. As homeowners ourselves, we know how tough it can be to pay down those expenses. So, it got us thinking about this month’s National Energy Costs Day and what tips we could offer homeowners to help save money.
According to recent statistics, homeowners spend roughly $2,200 each year on energy bills—just under $200 per month. Our goal is to help you decrease those costs so you have more money to spend on things you really enjoy.
1. Invest in a programmable thermostat. Programmable thermostats help manage temperatures through automatic settings. They reduce energy use while you’re away or sleeping, cutting monthly bills.
2. Shorten showers. Hot showers are a huge energy suck. Try shortening shower time to lower your water heating bills. Plus, consider installing a low-flow showerhead. These beauties use fewer gallons of water per minute and help save on energy use.
3. Purchase Energy Star-certified appliances. Energy Star appliances provide homes with superior energy efficiency and reduce energy consumption. Created by the Environmental Protection Agency and the Department of Energy, this program is designed to save energy and protect the environment.
4. Schedule a home energy audit. Calling in professionals to conduct a home energy audit can help you save. You’ll learn where your home is losing energy and receive recommendations on how to better energy-proof your home.
5. Unplug unused electronics. When appliances aren’t in use, unplug them. Little steps like this can lead to big savings.
6. Switch to LED light bulbs. LED light bulbs last longer than incandescent bulbs. Plus, they’re 100% recyclable and use less electricity.
7. Use smart power strips. Smart power strips are aptly named. They can tell when a device is in standby mode and shut it off to save energy and money.
8. Seal windows and doors. Many homes leak air through improperly sealed windows and doors. This is like throwing money out the window! Seal them properly or have weather stripping installed to easily stop energy loss in its tracks.
Now that you have the knowledge to be a savvier and more frugal homeowner in 2021, how about one last piece of professional advice? An energy-efficient house is great—but a house with clean indoor air is even better. That’s why we suggest professional duct cleaning. It can prevent contaminants and dirt from filling your home’s favorite spaces. If you’re in need of duct cleaning in your Jacksonville Beach or nearby home, give our team a call today.