It can be a tough decision to make, but upgrading your air conditioner allows you the option of finding something that keeps you cooler for longer with fewer problems. Below, we’ve got some advice for deciding whether it’s really time to part with your old AC. Then, we’ll help you find the right AC replacement system for your home!
Parting with Your Older System
Oftentimes, a little bit of maintenance is all you need to keep your air conditioner running smoothly. So how can you tell that it’s time to say goodbye and find a system that works for your family’s needs?
- Repairs are going to be expensive. You’ll have to go to a technician to find out if a repair is possible and if it’s worth the price. Get a second opinion, if you can. If the technicians agree that parts and labor will cost about half what you’d pay to get a whole new system, it’s probably more economical to replace it.
- It’s the wrong size. You cannot seem to stay comfortable in the summer, even though your air conditioner is not very old, and your bills are out of control. Technicians tell you it might be that your air conditioner is the wrong size for your home, and this means an upgrade is your best bet. An air conditioner that is over-or undersized can cause a lot of costly problems in its lifespan, and it might be better to replace it sooner rather than later.
- It’s very old. When an air conditioner is very old, it’s bound to break down sooner or later, causing you a major headache. Replace air conditioners with high-efficiency units after 10-15 years.
Choosing a System
When you’re selecting a replacement AC system, it’s important to look for something efficient that is still properly sized for your home. Make sure you:
- Prioritize efficiency over cost for long-term savings.
- Pick a brand widely recognized in the industry.
- Call a quality contractor to see that you get the right size and that it’s installed safely and securely.
Ready to install a new AC in Neptune Beach? Make the good call! Get in touch with the best-looking AC Repair company: Buehler Air Conditioning.