Serving Jacksonville, FL & Surrounding AreaStay Cooler With BuehlerCALL 904-906-4204
September 17, 2020
Protect Your Home from COVID-19
Practice These Simple HVAC Tips to Stay Safe
The unwelcome presence of COVID-19 has changed the way we live these days—especially in our area. Florida has become a hot spot where regular people are fighting the good fight every day to keep their families safe. As the saying goes: We are all in this together. With that in mind, we wanted to share some protective measures related to your home and its AC system that can help keep you in safe mode. The more we stick together, the better chance we have of beating this demon.
5 Great Ways to Protect Your Home Against COVID-19
While medical professionals are still learning the science behind COVID-19 and how best to prevent and treat it, there are a few things we do know about keeping ourselves safe: 1) Wear a mask 2) Wash your hands and 3) Practice social distancing. All three of these tactics are the first steps toward staying healthy.
But what about when you’re at home? How can you safeguard your favorite space against the invasion of this scary virus? Here are a few precautionary measures that may help:
1. Reprogram your thermostat. Most likely, your family is spending more time at home—especially if your kids are participating in online school. Adjusting your thermostat to a more comfortable, cooler temperature will help keep everyone secure and happy. If you have a smart thermostat, program your temperatures for both your daytime and nighttime needs.
2. Upgrade your HVAC filter & change it often. Not all filters are created equal. We recommend upgrading your filter to one with a high MERV rating. The higher the rating, the better and finer the filtration will be. This means you’re less likely to get dust particles or other nasty airborne contaminants released into your home. Of course, filters can’t guarantee that viruses won’t spread, but they certainly help cut back on your chances.
3. Zone in on your home’s humidity levels. High humidity levels can affect our homes and our health. For this reason, AC experts recommend a relative humidity of 40–50% inside our homes. This level is where viruses are less likely to help spread infection. Excessive moisture in your home can actually facilitate mold growth, which is a major trigger for asthma. Steer clear of unhealthy humidity levels by calling Buehler. We can recommend dehumidifiers and even install a whole-house dehumidification system that protects your family’s health.
4. Invest in an indoor air quality system. Dehumidifiers, air filters, air purifiers and energy recovery ventilators are all great options for keeping your indoor air fresher and cleaner. Filter out bad particles, zap nasty viruses and bring in fresher air with the many IAQ systems we offer. Cleaner air means better breathing—and better breathing leads to improved health.
5. Continue to keep your house clean. Regular cleaning will help cut back on germs and other bacteria that may invade your space. Be consistent about washing your hands and use disinfectant wipes and sprays to kill viruses and germs.
Reach Out to Us: We Can Help!
If you have concerns or questions about your indoor air quality or the cleanliness of your AC system, feel free to give us a call to help. From filter recommendations to tips on indoor air quality systems and more, Buehler is here to keep you and your family safe.