Serving Jacksonville, FL & Surrounding AreaStay Cooler With BuehlerCALL 904-906-4204
November 10, 2020
This Year’s Stocking Stuffer: A Home Holiday Checklist!
6 Tasks That Will Keep You Safe and Jolly This Season
We’re all familiar with that holiday song lyric: “He’s making a list and checking it twice …” But, as the holiday season kicks off, Santa isn’t the only one who should be checking his list. Now is the perfect time for homeowners to prepare for the upcoming change in temperatures. And what’s the best way to prep your home for winter weather? Why, a checklist, of course.
Sure, we know the winter season is somewhat brief for Floridians, but that doesn’t mean we should ignore it. Our weather can be unpredictable, so the team at Buehler wants to help you get ahead of the game. Here are six ways you can prep your home for winter weather—both indoors and outdoors—so you can be snug and happy. Remember: Make that list now and check it twice later!
1. Schedule heating maintenance. If you haven’t thought about heating system maintenance in your Jacksonville Beach home this fall, please add that critical task to your list—now. Why? Because, according to research, it’ll save you money! It’s true! Did you know that regular HVAC maintenance can reduce the risk of costly repairs by as much as 95%? Knowing that is reason enough to get your furnace checked each and every fall.
2. Clear debris from around your heat pump. During the summer and fall months, debris can accumulate around your outdoor heat pump. Grass clippings, twigs, leaves, trash and more can get stuck around the unit. Take time to remove clutter from the outdoor compressor so nothing will impede its functioning during cooler weather.
3. Change those air filters. Have you replaced those old air filters with fresh ones? No? Then hop to it! You’ll improve your system’s efficiency, extend its life and improve your indoor air quality. One more thing to check off that list!
4. Replace those batteries. Daylight saving time (DST) is usually a good reminder to change the batteries in your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors. When you align your DST clock adjustments with your battery changing routine, you’ll never forget to install fresh batteries in these important home safety systems.
5. Check your pilot light. If you have a gas furnace, don’t forget to check your pilot light to make sure it’s operating properly. It’s always better to be safe than sorry.
6. Test your thermostat. Now is the perfect time to test your thermostat. It’s also a good idea to change these batteries, too. Running a calibration test to be sure things are functioning correctly will help, too. If you’re not sure how to check your thermostat or if you’re interested in upgrading to a smart thermostat, give our techs a call. We’d be happy to help.
Is a New Heating or Cooling System on Your Holiday Wish List?
If you’ve checked all of these items off of your list and your HVAC system still isn’t up to speed, it could be time to add a replacement to your holiday wish list. But don’t panic if you need a new unit—because Buehler has some good news. If you purchase a new Carrier system, you could be eligible for an amazing 10-year financing plan. Qualified applicants who purchased a Carrier heating or cooling unit between this past Feb. 15, 2020, and Dec. 31, 2020, can receive a special 9.99% APR with 120 equal monthly payments*. It’s quite a deal and just one more way to help budget your holiday expenses! For more information about financing options, visit our financing page.
*$10,000 minimum and other restrictions may apply.