Serving Jacksonville, FL & Surrounding AreaStay Cooler With BuehlerCALL 904-906-4204
August 7, 2020
Help! My Energy Bills Are Too High This Summer!
Try These Easy-To-Do Tricks To Save Money
You open your latest energy bill—and the shock hits. Yikes! Why is it so high this month? Unfortunately, the surprise of a steep energy bill happens to most homeowners a few times in their lifetimes. And it leaves most people shaking their heads and asking that universal question: Why?
Well, sadly, the answer isn’t always clear-cut. High energy bills can be the result of many things. Right now, with most of us continuing to work from home in the age of coronavirus, we’re using more energy than usual. But there is good news. When you address multiple issues that may be contributing to such a big increase, you can learn new ways to cut those energy costs. And Buehler is here to help!
Do These 8 Things and Save
When combined, little changes can lead to big savings. Give these home energy saving tips a try and see how quickly your bill decreases.
1. Insulate your home. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, an average homeowner can save about 15% on cooling and heating costs simply by adding insulation to attics, crawl spaces and basement rim joists. This can equate to $200 in savings per year!
2. Upgrade to Energy Star appliances. Energy Star appliances are certified by the U.S. Department of Energy, which means they will use between 10 to 50% less energy each year as opposed to their non-energy-efficient counterparts.
3. Install a programmable thermostat. Programmable “smart” thermostats are designed to save homeowners money on their heating and cooling. When used properly, they can often save homeowners 10 to 30% on their energy bills.
4. Change your filters every three months. Dirty filters only make your system work harder than necessary, which increases energy use. Be diligent about changing your filters and you’ll be preserving your system. Need help with this? Just call us!
5. Invest in a smart power strip. Smart power strips can detect when a device is in stand-by mode and react by cutting power during this time, which saves you money.
6. Change your light bulbs. Replace regular light bulbs with energy-efficient ones. LED light bulbs use roughly 80% less energy than incandescent bulbs and last 25 times longer.
7. Consider your water heater. Save money on your water-heating bill be wrapping a fiberglass “blanket” around its outer frame. This keeps the heat in rather than letting it escape! Also, lower the water temperature to help cut back on costs.
8. Buy a laptop. Still working on an old desktop computer? Upgrade to a laptop and you’ll use about one-third less energy.
One Last Way Buehler Can Help You Save!
Finally, our team at Buehler Air Conditioning has one more tip for putting money back in your wallet—heating and cooling TLC! Nothing preserves your AC system more than investing in a solid maintenance plan. At Buehler, we offer a top-notch plan that prevents frequent repair work and fine-tunes your system for the utmost efficiency. Plus, gain membership benefits and discounts year-round. Sign up today and you’ll get lower diagnostic fees, 15% off AC repairs, no overtime charges, priority scheduling and so much more!